Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Beginning

Starting something with the New Year can be cliche but sometimes it just a convenient starting point.  My reasoning behind starting a blog is somewhat simple: Tell the universe and anyone who's watching what's on my mind.  Not whining per say just rambling thoughts that get stuck in the head and won't leave. 

Now those of you who may stumble upon this blog some day may wonder about the title.  It is a tad bit odd for a blog.  I've been a MMO gamer for the best part of the last decade and always seem to gravitate towards one class (ie, play style), that of the ranger. Now this isn't the ranger that first pops into your head if you have no familiarity with MMOS.  Think Robin Hood and his superior skill with bow and arrow and you have what a ranger is in any MMO.  In general, it is a very easy class to learn and as such has garnered something of a unique reputation.  Simply put if you play a ranger you will be picked on, mostly for dying a lot.  As I have said it is an easy class to learn but not as easy to master.  To master the class means to garner respect from your fellow players.  In my opinion, playing a ranger gives a glimpse into living.  You learn something, master it, encountering obstacles and nay says along the way but in the end you enjoy what you are doing. To summarize, "Roll a Ranger" means to embrace life to its fullest and enjoy the journey with the full knowledge that along the way there will be challenges and hardships that you will overcome.

Alright done with the sappy stuff. 

Next on the agenda. What I plan for the coming year. This is the part to be afraid, very afraid.  I've planned a few goals for the coming year.  Nothing exotic like go climb Mt. Everest just simple obtainable goals.
 Goals
  • Obtain level -5 lbs. in 6 weeks  (will be updated in 6 weeks increments) 
  • 31 day countdown with no chocolate (this is the "be afraid" part)
  • Trek across the land in pursuit of a new job
  • Finish "that" crazy quilt project a month ahead of schedule (once I get a a schedule that is)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I started a blog in January too! And I play EQ2. I also love chocolate, but have cut way back. I went about 4 months without it - but now have a bit here and there.

    Feel free to stop by my blog - and good luck with yours! caelascorner.com

    ReplyDelete